Trainee - Regulatory Business Analyst
Located in Hong Kong and working as part of the Regulatory Project Team, you will be assisting project managers.
The role is to cover business analysis, meeting facilitation, as well as outward communication/project reporting across virtual and distributed teams in the context of regulatory projects.
The project role involves working closely with other areas of Operations, IT, Compliance and Front Office, with teams in different locations: Hong Kong / Singapore / Tokyo / Seoul.
What You Will Do
- Be part of a project team of around 5 people.
- Work closely with the Project Manager in charge of Regulatory Reporting Production roadmap.
- Be a key contact for project implementation of regulatory reporting automation within Asia-Pacific perimeter.
- Contribute to the project governance (workshops, operational committee, steering committee…) with the key stakeholders from Operations, IT, Tax, Compliance and Front Office departments.
- Provide management and business partners with ad-hoc analysis.
- Assist with the optimization of existing process to produce/monitor the compliance with the regulation.
- Review existing documentation on operational procedures and process.
- Carry out some production task such as the post trade controls on weekly/monthly basis.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Finance, Business Administration, Computer Science, Information Technology or similar.
- Understanding of financial markets, cash and derivatives (Listed and OTC products), Equities, Securities, currencies and the operational processes within these areas of Operations would be a plus.
- Willingness to work in a project environment and gain experience on business analysis.
- Good with MS Office, (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Good team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and proactive.
- Be flexible and able to learn quickly.
- Attention to detail.
- Fluent in English is mandatory, with Cantonese and/or Mandarin is a strong plus.