Trainee - Full Stack Developer - Fx Options & Structured Products
Present in over 50 countries across Europe, the Americas and Asia. Societe Generale provides corporate, financial institutions, investors and public sector clients with value-added integrated financial solutions. Within the Global Markets division, FIC business line is provides our clients with FX, Rates and Credit investment and hedging products.
You will join the Development team building and providing IT solutions for the Front Office managing FX Options and Structured Products trading and distribution. Based on the trading floor, the team provides an agile development capability across the full chain including pricing, deal processing, PnL & risks.
What You Will Do
- Assist with design, development, tests, deployment and support of high quality software applications using C# and related .NET technologies.
- Assist in new projects based on new ways of programming, modern architecture & technologies such as microservices & containers approach, latest web framework.
Agile, Business-Facing Developers Performing Continuous Delivery:
- Interact directly with traders, sales and other users, to gather their requirements and come up with appropriate solutions. They are particularly involved, approachable, and tech-savvy, which makes for highly substantial interactions between business and IT. The team works in fully agile mode with 2-week-long sprints.
- Support the Continuous Delivery approach that is strongly pushed to put in place a reliable pipeline of integration, with automated tests, deployment on the cloud, to achieve a stable flow of releases while preserving Production stability.
DevOps and Feature Team:
- Operate as a “Feature Team” to support the trading systems. It therefore contains both developers and production-support analysts, working together as one, to ensure self-sufficiency, and produce synergies in incident resolution, as well as Production-awareness at all stages of the software development process.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Hold a relevant Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science or similar.
- Excellent programming skills in object oriented design and development.
- Good knowledge in database programming including dealing with SQL.
- Expertise in C#.NET is preferred.
- Expertise in Web development (React, Angular) is preferred.
- Agile / Scrum experience including TDD is preferred.
- Familiarity with Continuous delivery practices is preferred.
- Knowledge of fixed income products is a plus.
- Exceptional team-player mindset helping to promote team spirit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work in an international and distributed team environment.
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Ability to multi-task and follow through all tasks to completion.
- Fluent English is mandatory.