Analyst - Mergers & Acquisitions research - Centralised Research Group
Analysts will join the Global Mergers & Acquisition team at J.P. Morgan, supporting in several critical research areas.
Seeking one Analyst with experience using the SNL database to analyze transaction is all or any of the following sectors - Financial Institutions, Oil & Gas and/or Utilities (desired).
What You Will Do
- Comparable company valuation: transaction multiples, computation of Enterprise Value, spreading financial profiles of companies, etc.
- Should be proficient in transaction screening, across sectors.
- Analyzing and synthesizing financial data collected using on-line and other data sources such as SEC company filings, FactSet, Thomson One, Capital IQ, Reuters, Bloomberg, etc. and ability to extract relevant insights for M&A.
- Understanding of the key documents related to an M&A transaction including press release, presentation, proxy, etc.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Any Graduate - Any Specialization.
- PG - MBA/PGDM - Any Specialization, Finance.
- Strong finance knowledge / skills.
- Knowledge of database tools EDGAR/BamSec, FactSet, CapitalIQ, Thomson One Banker, Capital IQ, Reuters, Bloomberg and other financial data systems.
- Detail orientation and ability to identify and solve issues effectively on time.
- Good MS Office skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to ensure that tasks within areas of responsibility are completed in a timely manner.
- Ability to practice attentive and active listening skills.
- Ability to identify proactive ways to contribute to firms goals & mission.
- Challenging current thinking by implementing new ways of working.