Computer Science Faculty
We are looking for someone who has expertise in the field of computing and likes to keep in touch with the latest evolution of Computer Science Education. Someone who is constantly trying to understand the root causes of why certain challenges exist in the field and who would like to work with us on overcoming them by educating brilliant minds, someone who has always dreamt of having more space to experiment on Computer Science Education and pioneering new engaging learning experiences that are suited to pan African students.
What You Will Do
In Mauritius, our Computing degree program is delivered in partnership with Glasgow Caledonian University (GCU) in Scotland and ALU faculty build on existing GCU program assets by designing and delivering powerful pedagogic experiences that are best suited to the Computing domain.
Although the framework and end goal is set by GCU, as our Computer Science faculty, you would have the complete freedom to design the path to get there.
- You can use all the means you have to curate powerful and engaging learning experiences.
- Your time is divided between researching best pedagogical practices in Computer Science, applying them in class, measuring their results, making the call to “use it or lose it”; and actually engaging with students in some of their amazing projects such as coding dojos, building algorithms to trade cryptocurrencies and setting up their very own hackathon.
- This role is about disrupting traditional education by creating extremely powerful learning experiences that are educating future Pan African Computer Scientists.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Have a Postgraduate degree in Computing or a related field.
- Have knowledge and experience in any areas of Computing and Computer Science but mostly in Software Engineering, Web design, Human-Computer Interactions, Big Data, Mobile/Cloud Platform Development, Secure Software Development or Database Development amongst others.
- Possess Industry expertise or a deep understanding of the major domains and trends in Computing.
- Closely follow developments in the world of CS Education, from boot-camps to new initiatives at employers and established universities.
- Have some instructional design, teaching, or facilitation experience.
- Desire and enthusiasm to work with students.
- Understanding of best practices for learning pedagogy in computing.
- Enthusiasm to push boundaries.
- Comfortable working in uncertainty.